June 19, 2014

Bureau of Indian Affairs Higher Education Grant Program


The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Higher Education Grant Program is administered by the tribe in question in most cases,  for their members, so call your tribe first.  The grant application is available from the education office of the Tribe in which you are affiliated or possess membership. 


Eligible applicants must:

  • Be a member of or at least one-quarter degree Indian blood descendant of a member of an American Indian tribe who are eligible for the Bureau of Indian Affairs special programs and services.
  • Be accepted for admission to a nationally accredited college or university that provides a course of study conferring an Associate of Arts or Bachelor’s degree
  • Demonstrate financial need as determined by the student financial aid office of the college or university.

The majority of federally recognized tribes administer the grant program for their members. For more information, please visit the Bureau of Indian Edcucation website.

Grants & Scholarships
About nativelady

Leave a Reply